Date and oat protein power bar
October 13, 2020
I'm all about having a little treat now and again and these power bars won't disappoint. Be careful, though, they taste incredible so don't be tempted to eat the whole lot in one go.
Meal Type: Post Exercise
Recipe Type: Real Food
Prep time: 00:10
Cook time: -
- 150 grams Dates (Medjool) (5.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 60 grams chocolate protein powder (2 oz)
- 90 grams Oats, rolled, raw, porridge oats (3 oz)
- 40 grams Coconut oil (1.5 oz)
- 40 grams Nut, hazelnut, raw (1.5 oz)
- 20 grams Nut, peanut (0.5 oz)
- 75 grams Chocolate, dark (2.5 oz)
- 25 grams Nut, pistachio, raw, roughly chopped (1 oz)
- 1 Sea Salt, Pinch
Place the dates, cocoa powder, protein powder, porridge oats, coconut oil, hazelnuts and peanuts into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
If the blade is having trouble, just add a little bit of water to help loosen things up.
Tip the mixture onto a tray lined with baking parchment and pat down until it is about 2cm thick.
Melt the chocolate (I do this in quick bursts in the microwave). While still warm, artistically drizzle it over the nutty date base. Sprinkle over the chopped pistachios and the salt. When the chocolate has cooled a little, you are ready to cut into squares and dig in.