New for 2021: Cross country swimming adveNtures: 17th-20th june & 22nd-25th july 2021
RuckRaft® enabled Retreat in Southern Spain
We are excited to be launching Cross Country Swimming adventure retreats from April 2021 using the famous RuckRafts. You may have seen the RuckRaft® featured on the BBC Breakfast show and we are proud to bring these to Spain. You will experience stunning hikes and then plunge in to one of the lakes in the Malaga region or a swim in the warm Mediterranean sea and explore the many coves.
hike and swim in Beautiful spain
What are Cross Country Retreats? This style of adventure was developed by the guys at AboveBelow who started hiking and wild swimming in the Lake District. They loved the freedom to hike and swim using a tow float raft which is now known as the RuckRaft. The RuckRaft enables multi-day adventures that are self supported where you hike and swim with all your kit in a rucksack. In Spain we have many stunning lakes, amazing hiking routes along the coast and in the mountains and of course the sea.
Our groups will be small and the routes bespoke. All you need to do is tell us if you prefer lakes or sea and if you would like to make the experience fully "wild" and camp out under the stars or stay in a rustic Spanish B&B. Lets us know what your preferred dates are - a long weekend is a good place to start or if you prefer longer we can arrange this for you.
WHAT'S INCLUDED - ACCOMMODATION, MOST OF YOUR FOOD
If we are camping we will stay at a typical Spanish campsite near the lake or sea with tent or glamping hut, showers/toilets and cooking facilities.
We provide :
- Pick up from the airport in the afternoon on Friday. But you are free to hire a car at the airport and drive to the campsite or B&B
- Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings - a typical Pitufo filled with local ham, eggs or tomato and freshly squeezed orange juice, tea and coffee
- We will provide a picnic lunch using local Spanish produce (let us know your dietary needs)
- Saturday night we will have a good old fashioned BBQ or a meal at the local Spanish restaurant
- We also have a 9 seater support vehicle for transport to and from the start and finish of each days cross country swimming route
- Fully qualified water safety personnel for all swims
- We will also supply RuckRafts on loan for the weekend (deposit required) and the option to buy the RuckRaft at the end of the weekend*.
You bring: yourself in terms of travel, a rucksack big enough to carry your wetsuit, RuckRaft etc and hike with plus clothes for hiking and swimming. We recommend you bring a wetsuit for the longer swims and time in the water around rocks. You may not always use it, but it's essential to bring one.
Footwear - bring something that you can both swim, and walk/jog in - for example an old pair of trainers, swimrun shoes like those by Vivo Barefoot, or mountain sandals like Chacos.
These retreats are about enjoyment, taking in the stunning views and meeting like minded people :-)
For more information please get in touch!
*subject to availability